We all want a brighter, whiter smile, but over time our teeth darken naturally due to constant exposure to pigments in food and drink penetrating the enamel. Fortunately, today we can reverse the darkening process and lighten your smile with a variety of teeth whitening products. There are many techniques available that have proven to be successful but differ with respect to the speed of whitening, the cost, and convenience. All techniques achieve a similar degree of whitening.
The most widely used technique for whitening your smile are thin, transparent custom trays, precisely shaped to the contours of your own teeth. This requires an appointment for custom impressions to fabricate your trays that can take 2-4 days to deliver. Your custom trays will hold the whitening gel in place with the tooth surface. Teeth will be noticeably lighter after a few days and after two weeks you should achieve your desired outcome. An advantage of this technique is that the process can be repeated at home for a few hours or days whenever the teeth appear to need brightening.
Opalescence Go is recommended for whitening patients looking for professional whitening to go or as an alternative to over-the-counter whitening products. With no impressions, models, or lab time required, Opalescence Go is also a perfect follow-up to in-office whitening.
- New unique UltraFit™ tray material offers an extremely comfortable fit and easily conforms to any patient’s individual smile
- Molar-to-molar coverage ensures the gel comes in contact with more posterior teeth
- UltraFit tray’s superior adaptation ensures the maximum amount of gel stays in contact with the teeth during whitening
- Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride). Potassium nitrate has been shown to help reduce sensitivity. Fluoride has been shown to help reduce caries and strengthen enamel. Together they help to improve the overall health of the teeth.1-5
- 10% – wear 30–60 minutes for 5–10 days
- Delicious Mint flavor
- Convenient prefilled trays can be worn right out of the package
- Optimal gel quantity allows easy cleanup after whitening
- Sleek packaging provides superior stability, shelf life, and branding
Opalescence Go is preferred by all of the staff here at Knight Dental Healthcare.